Thursday, August 23, 2012

Komen Race for the Cure

I'm making some hard decisions about potential upcoming races. There are so many things that must be take into consideration, such as a.) can I afford it and b.) is it physically out of my range.

The Komen Race for the Cure is coming up in October. This race is special because this is the race that was my unconquered New Year's resolution for half a decade. This was the race I wanted to do. It is even more important because no woman on my mother's side has died of natural causes in my lifetime. Cancer is a timed bomb embedded in my DNA. This is more than just a race, it feels like a call of duty. I have almost two months to deal with this issue. I wish I had more faith.

But the fact remains that this is the race that I've wanted to be a part of all these years, and this is the first time I actually have a chance at doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment