Wednesday, August 29, 2012

INSANITY Program - Day 21

Today was Plyometric Cardio Circuit.

Here's my long moment of stupidity: For a month now, after every Insanity workout there have been droplets of water on the ground. Today I looked at them and thought, "Wow...I'm a messy water drinker!" It finally dawned on me that couldn't be water, especially since my water cup has a lid and a straw. Yes, it was sweat. I was slinging sweat. I shook my head and sweat went everywhere.

Jennifer Beals, step aside. Your Flashdance sweat scene can't handle me!

So in addition to my sweat slinging realization, as mentioned in the previous blog entry, something else nice happened.

I realized that when I did the basketball move of the workout that I could actually move faster, and get this: get off the ground! Another thing that happened was I did this without my ibuprofen ritual. Yes, there is one. I would take two before working out and one afterward. I didn't want to take it today. I don't like taking them, so I didn't and I survived it! Maybe it was some kind of delayed placebo effect...who knows. But I enjoyed the moment!

Tomorrow: Cardio Recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment