Wednesday, September 12, 2012

TDEE

I found out yesterday that a thing called "TDEE" existed and what it was. It's an unnecessary acronym for the caloric calculator I've been using. The actual term is Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) Calculator. I'm glad it exists, because it is beyond frustrating when the pro-diet industry slaps that standard 1200-1800 calories a day model on every woman despite size and activity level. It doesn't take a genius to know that if bigger cars use more gas, then people with different bodies must use varying amounts of calories. Even if I sat on my butt all day, I would use up more calories that the standard 1200-1800 calorie diet model.

I know I haven't been getting the calories I need lately, and I know that can cause more harm that good, but I didn't realize that I would need more than 3000! I'm thinking about getting back on Shaun T's plan for a while, or maybe morphing it with the recipes I like for a smooth transition back into regular cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment