Monday, September 10, 2012

Stats Check

My decision to document my journey has less to do with being weight-centric and more to do with the fact that I just want snapshots of the trip. The fact that I love to design charts is a factor as well.

Today's stats show me losing 4.8 lbs and 2.5 inches, with a full inch off the hips. I'm not listing the start-off stats until after Round 3 of Insanity, because that's just how I do things. At first I was a little disappointed, because I have been faithful to this program, but then I remembered that this is a representation of the flow of my body. I never lose weight in the beginning, and if I do, it's not a lot. It takes months for my body to catch up with the work and then the next thing I know, I'm wondering why my pants won't stay up.

But what really matters is what I've gained in ability, and what I've gained in mileage. I've accomplished things now that I didn't think I would be able to do for another year. I went from struggling to run 2 miles to sailing through 4 mile runs. I ran around The Bend. That is a lot to accomplish in a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment