Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Resolution

My 2012 New Year's Resolution consisted of two parts. The first part was to do a 5K. Smashed it. The second part, however, was to run five miles straight. I was hesitant to put the mileage that high. This goal has not been accomplished yet, but there is still time. The most I have done straight is four miles. That 10K in September was partially walked because the race coordinated failed to mention how hilly the course was, and I wasn't willing to risk injury during a first-time attempt. If this is going to be accomplished, then the best time to do it is this week.

There is another issue that is bothering me. I think my efforts are hampered because I'm not on a schedule. I am FAR behind what I hoped I would be in mileage. If a sincere reconstruction of my training plan isn't done, I can kiss that first half goodbye...well, the first half that I actually want to do in February.

There is still time, though.

This schedule is a necessity now. I have to get more sleep on a regular basis. I have to be consistent with wake-up times. I have to do this so I can be a better runner. Even though I am doing FAR better with my health than I was last year--better than I have been in many years--there is still so much more to do. I am no where near where I hope and want to be. It's time to shake off this noncommittal chain that is holding me down, and let that runner out that has been clawing her way out of me for years. She is ready to be released. She is ready to be free.

It's time to cut up or shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment