Friday, November 23, 2012

Runner's guilt

I was going to make an executive decision today to chill out. The soreness is strong, and I believe in the concept of rest-when-needed. In any other case, the outcome would be to declare today a rest day. Yet there is such an overpowering guilt I'm feeling at the idea, I no longer believe that is possible. The Insanity workout may be skipped, but for crying out loud, that mile is calling me like a child waiting for a Christmas present. It's not desire, it's guilt. I feel like I'm doing something wrong by skipping today. However, no amount of runner's guilt is worth risking injury, so I will wait until later today to make a final decision. If I am still horribly sore, game over. If there is a notable improvement, then I will at least attempt the mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment