Sunday, November 4, 2012

Chasing 13.1

Half-marathon. 13.1 miles. I want this so badly. That distance is calling me, even though it is not close to my ability at the moment.

You are considered a "runner" the moment your foot touches the pavement and your gait begins. Every race is an accomplishment, and I am very, very proud of every race I have done. I am especially proud of finishing my first 10K, even though I didn't run the entire thing like I hoped. Half-marathons...that is another level, and that level is amazing. I want to be a half-marathoner. I want to run that 13.1. While I do hope that I can do a full marathon at least once in my life, a half-marathon can be done several times a year, and there are SO many wonderful races to choose! There are little advertisements of races on my wall, and most of them are half-marathons. I keep them there to keep me motivated.

That 13.1 is beckoning to me, and I am eager to answer to its call.

No comments:

Post a Comment