Thursday, February 9, 2012

Just say no...you know what? Forget it. You win.

Enablers are my earth-bound devils.

It's practically impossible to tell them no, because no matter how much you tell them no, they beg and nag and guilt-trip until you cave. One particular enabler that I'm sure means well, will keep the beg/nag/guilt routine up for days until I just agree to be freed from the beg/nag/guilt cycle.

On the days that I just don't want to drink, I have two enablers that make it out as if I'm desecrating a church if I don't drink with them. Birthdays are a special hell for me, because no matter how much I don't want that f****** cake, I feel like I'm being rude not to take it. And I am a firm believer in the clean plate club, so that just magnifies the problem. Sorry...I really do believe that the starving children in [insert country here] would love the meal I'm having. Throwing food away is almost a sin to me.

But I must learn to say no...and mean it...and stand by it.

I'm at a point now that when I don't want something to eat or drink, I really actually don't want it. This is a big deal and must be encouraged. An anti-enabler mantra must be created! I'm off to the Just Say No campaign vintage poster site for inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment