Monday, February 6, 2012

Food Hangover

I went to a Super Bowl party last night. I don't understand football in the least, but football fans have the best get-togethers so I went. The carnage (translation: my noshing) wasn't as bad as it could have been, or as bad as it has been. Actually, looking back, it was extremely conservative considering my options. In fact, an hour after I got home I was hungry again and stopped by a fast food place.

But this morning, it happened.

I was sluggish and unwilling to get up. For a few months now, something has been going on with me that when I eat after 9 PM, I have horrible morning sickness the next day. I'm like a freaking mogwai, only instead of turning into a gremlin, I'm nauseous and popping Pepto like they are M&Ms. But this, this was worse than the other times...this was a full-fledged food hangover.

No, it wasn't an alcohol hangover because I have distinct reactions to drinking too much alcohol and non of those symptoms were present. This was a food hangover. I woke up swearing I would never eat again.

No...more...dip...no...matter...how...delicious...ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment