Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Couck to 5K - Week 5 Day 2

I know this analogy has been used to death, but seriously...if you looked up "not feeling it" in the dictionary there would have been a picture of me pouting next to the definition.

Today was a dreary, errand-filled day and in all honesty it shouldn't have been, but something happened from 2 P.M. on that just sucked the life out of me. It was looking like another track day, and I didn't even want to do that. But I made myself go, constantly saying, "Just go do it." A kinder self-nudge reminded me that this was a good time to give my new insoles a test drive.

When I got to the track, three students were there--two guys and a girl. The guys were of the variety that from just one look you knew they were complete douche-bags. As soon as I passed them with my little trot, they started sprinting, and they used me as their counter from that moment on. Whenever I caught up with them, they sprinted. This isn't new. I have dealt with this before and it's not all in my head because I actually heard someone make the "Even she's running" comment. It's ghetto for days and beyond rude. On a day like today, I would normally just be upset, but these two really, REALLY p***** me off. I just pushed harder. They were wearing themselves out to the point that one of them would turn around and give me a look of disgust when I started catching up with them during their walk phase.

I fully enjoyed watching them lose their wind. My run/walk completed, I felt awake and cleansed.

No comments:

Post a Comment