Saturday, February 11, 2012

1st 5K - DONE!

It's surreal...I can't believe I did it!

Here is a breakdown of how my thoughts were going:

Mile 1: Didn't even feel it. I was high off the energy of the moment. Being apart of that great crowd of runners just did something magical to me. Eye of the Tiger was blasting in my ears and I felt like taking on the world! Caught up with and passed a woman in a green jacket that sailed passed me at the starting line.

Mile 1.5: The grumbling starts. The "Are we there yet?" starts.

Mile 2: I'm ready to go home by this point. Actively looking for my car during the route, I realize that it's parked by the finish line. Stream of profanity. Decided to keep chugging along the path.

Mile 3: Tired but determined not to be conquered, there were three people I was adamant about passing. I have no idea why I singled them out, but for some reason they needed to be passed. Yeah, they kept their lead, but not without a fight.

Finish Line: I sprinted towards it. I was neck and neck with another runner, but sped passed her as a group of women screamed "You go, girl!" High on that moment and loving every minute of it. I crossed the finish line with my fists in the air like Rocky, screaming "I JUST FINISHED MY FIRST 5K!" Life should feel like crossing a finish line!

I can't WAIT to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment