Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Eating like an athlete v. well...just eating

Here is a subject that I'm currently struggling with: the idea of clean, "athletic" eating v. just regular eating. I do like clean eating, in fact, that was what I did during Round 1 of  Insanity. However, I also like to cook, and cleaning eating is unfortunately a very, painful boring experience. The cookbooks that I use for "fun" cooking are all lowfat, so caloric content isn't really the issue, but it doesn't seem to pass the muster on what constitutes as "clean" eating. So how do I merge the two? I want to fuel myself better like athletes do, but the idea of eating steamed fish and brown rice for the rest of my life is something of torture to me. What I am thinking about doing is following a plan modeled after the Insanity food plan for two weeks, and the other two weeks cooking the way I like.

We'll just have to see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment