Saturday, October 6, 2012

Two great races...not done

Today was the Hyundai Half Marathon/5K/Mayor's 1-Mile and Warrior Dash.

I missed both. I won't be able to do the Komen Race for the Cure this year, either. There is a deep guilt I feel from that, given that cancer is an expected death sentence in my family. Not to mention that during the five previous years were I wanted to do a 5K, it has always been that 5K that I wanted to do. Hopefully, now that I am starting to get used to planning for out-of-town/state events, next year will be better organized.

A little sad and a little disappointed, even though these races were skipped so that their costs could be shifted to a race I want to do later this month: Monster Dash. But I need a race soon. I'm tired, sad. The lack of optimism is becoming critical. I need that positive energy that comes from finishing a race, at least until I am at the point where I can produce my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment