Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween Monster Dash 5K

This race allowed me to deal with two issues at once, leaving me feeling a little vindicated. The race would have been scarier if I had the slot that started while it was already dark, but I'm glad I opted for the gradually darkening wave. The medal was great and I met a charming British family that allowed me to form an alliance with them. Still, I lost all my flags.

It is highly unlikely that I will do the race next year because the advertising greatly inflated the expectations of the race. There was no haunted house. It was a haunted shack made of garbage bags. The trees were low to the grown so of course someone could jump out of them. Make-up could never compete with Run 4 Your Lives.

But still, I am glad I didn't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment