Sunday, January 22, 2012

Running in the rain

I decided that another run/walk was needed. The original plan was to do it yesterday but that was scrapped because it was raining. Checked the Weather Channel only to discover that it's going to be raining for a couple of days. I was not going to it because it's raining. But apparently there is some unspoken doctrine that you can't be a real runner unless you are willing to run in the rain. I didn't want anyone to think I was a punk, so I went out.

There was debate about using an umbrella. At the moment, it seemed possible. The theory was that the rain would deter others and the umbrella dash would go unseen and undocumented on YouTube. At the very least, running with an umbrella would make a cute blog entry. It had stopped raining, but the umbrella rode shotgun in the car anyway just in case. When I got to the track, I abandoned my umbrella and decided to trek out. I won't deny being a little disappointed that the rain had stopped. The disappointment wasn't to last long because it started again 20 minutes later.

I decided to unplug from my iPod and let nature be my playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment