Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Couck to 5K - Week 2 Day 2

There's nothing like an unexpected construction site to turn you into a human GPS system on the fly.

Charming.

I also learned that no matter how big and strong I think I am, the wind can still affect how fast I move. Old zombies could run faster than me today. And thanks to that poorly thought out mobile construction site, I had to turn around which left me running up some unpleasant inclines.

Something else strange has occurred: I can't wolf down food like I once could. An order of Chinese that I should have been able to inhale has left me nauseous after one bite too many. I'm not kidding: paying homage to the porcelain god sounds like fun right now...that's how nauseous I am. Last night, instead of making dinner, I was content with a wedge of lettuce and some salad dressing (OK, in all fairness I was treated to some fast food and I'm not turning down a free meal, but that still doesn't normally affect my appetite).

But my goal is not weight loss. My goal is to become a runner. A real runner. I want race t-shirts and medals. That type of runner. If a decreased ability to gorge food comes with that, then it's a lovely side effect that I gladly accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment