Saturday, January 14, 2012

Route Mapping Yikes!

Even though I am clinically paranoid, there are some things I am willing to do online. Like blog. However, like any sane person, there are limits to what I am willing to put online. My entire life will never be on Facebook or any other social media even though there are privacy options.

Hey, I've earned the right to be paranoid.

Which brings me to a new addition to my "Creepy Things on the Internet" list: route mapping sites. I went to one per a recommendation of a friend. It disturbed me greatly that so many routines were documented on this very, very public site. I doubt I'm advertising to any pervs out there, because I'm willing to bet they already stalk that site. Any halfway decent hacker can break through them. So just imagine what a determined hacker can do! There is no such thing as privacy in this web-wide world as it is. Having one's routine up on a platter for a jealous ex or psycho who can't take a hint, however, is one step too much.

No sale, route-mapping sites. I would rather make up my route as I go along. My cheap pedometer will tell me how far I have gone. The world is scary enough without worrying about if someone has figured out which online route is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment