Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gatorade "G Series Pro" Product Review

Product Overview: "System" consists of three products sold separately: Gatorade Fuel, Performance and Recovery
Price: Considerably reasonable: all three products cost a little over $5.00
Taste: Like all workout enhancers, it tastes like crap, but less crappy than the standard level of crappiness
Claim: To help improve workout performance
Where to Buy: just about any store in the vitamin section

G Series Fuel
I am in love with this stuff in spite of the taste and texture. The texture is like that slime that kids by from dollar stores and it is the worst tasting of the three, but when it gets in your system, it is awesome. I tried Berry and Fruit Punch. Berry flavor is more tolerable in my opinion. There is a pleasant and gradual increase in energy. There are carbs in this product, so having a pre-workout snack for fuel wasn't necessary for me. You are supposed to take it 15 minutes before you start exercising. It lasts for about 45 minutes.

G Series Performance
It's just regular Gatorade. Nothing new to write home about. The low calorie version was better tasting to me, though.

G Series Recovery
I like it. It tastes disgusting, but performance-wise, I like it. It's not the end of the world if you don't buy it, but it is good when used with G Series Fuel.

Conclusion: The G Series Fuel is the best of the three. I field tested it alone and still felt pleasant effects. Today I tried all three products during an hour long walk/run. You can honestly skip Performance. It's just regular Gatorade, and I don't know how it works for you, but it always made me feel dehydrated and I would have to mix it with water. The lower calorie version of Gatorade had less of this effect for me. G Series Recovery isn't necessarily the key of awesome, but it is more than worth the price. Combined, the products are far better and cheaper than some considerably more expensive products I have tried that made the same claims.

No comments:

Post a Comment