Sunday, January 20, 2013

New Year's Resolution Run Virtual 5K

This race was supposed to be done on New Year's Day. I actually gave up getting toasted the night before to do this race. But that morning, my interest disappeared. In fact, I wasn't interested in doing that race at all until the medal came in the mail. I posted a time guesstimation on New Year's because I figured that the race would be done long before now.

My legs were like lead the entire time. It was an unpleasant distraction. This weirdo black guy in an ugly red and yellow striped jacket and his companion, Buffalo Bill's aging doppelgänger, were hanging around one of the more popular run routes, which didn't help.

Oh well, at a dismal 54:16, this thing is finally over. One day I  hope to look back at that time and laugh at it. I can hang my medal up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment