Sunday, January 20, 2013

Camp Butter & Egg Inaugural Mud Run

Survived the Camp Butter & Egg Mud Run yesterday morning. In hindsight, it wasn't that bad, but for a camp that has a stick of butter as a mascot, you wouldn't have expected it to be quite that arduous. It was a small race, and in that race I faced the second of my three running fears: being the last finisher. The other fears are 1.) oversleeping and missing a race...which has been done and 2.) the dreaded that-which-must-not-be-spoken...DNF. But I digress. We got a spinning medal, though!

The best part was this adorable 8-year-old future Olympian who did the last lap with me. I told him that he could wait for me at the finish line if he wanted. He says, "It's OK. I've already done this path four or five times this morning." I don't even remember him passing me! He refused to leave my side, it was so sweet! After the race he and his brother gave me a tour of the camp.





No comments:

Post a Comment