Thursday, January 31, 2013

KO'd by kindergarteners

I believe that the actual culprit for giving me this horrible, somebody-please-shoot-me-level cold virus was a 2nd grader, but I was ambush-hugged by a couple of kindergarteners, too, so they may be guilty as well.

Children: nature's original biological weapons.

Two weeks now that I haven't exercised. TWO! The first week, I was out because of overwhelming fatigue and soreness from over-training and racing. This time, I'm battling the first cold I've had in ages. Were colds always this bad? My voice is almost gone. How is it that germs from kids can knock out a grown woman!? 

And I thought I was getting better, but my mom confirmed otherwise:

Me: "Mom? Is my voice sounding better? I think it's sounding better now. I called to see what you thought."

Mom: "What? What? I can't understand what you are saying because your voice sounds terrible!"


Oy vey!

No comments:

Post a Comment