Thursday, March 27, 2014

Marathon Training Day 3 & 4

Day 3: It started off great. I got my miles done, running half of them as scheduled. I felt great and went home to finish it with some yoga. After the yoga, I headed to the grocer's only to discover that a weirdo that I encountered at a gas station a few weeks ago had followed me home and was parked outside across the street from my home. I couldn't see the driver. When I got in my car and cranked it, the driver started that truck. I watched him in my rearview follow me to the grocer's. He parked his car next to mine and came to my door. I started snapping pictures of him with my phone and he started running. I got out of my car and started snapping pictures of him as he escaped and took everything I had to the police. Apparently they've been getting more complaints about him. I filed a report.

I wasn't afraid, I was pissed. I'm STILL pissed. I was shaking with rage the rest of the day. No one lectured me about changing my run/walk routes, which I appreciated, because my front door opens up to the street where he was parked. I'm not changing my fucking routes anymore. If he tries to come near me again, I'll be ready for his ass. I don't care what happens, I'm done with these bullshit, useless precautions. They don't work. I know they don't work. I'm sick of society putting the responsibility and blame of dealing with predators on their targets. I'm done with enduring this bullshit. This time I'm fighting back.


Day 4: Today was a day of "supposed to's". I was supposed to x-train, but I switched workouts because thunderstorms are supposed to happen all day tomorrow. I was supposed to go to the trail, but decided to take my miles around the neighborhood. I was supposed to run, but decided to walk. In the end, I suppose that it doesn't matter as long as I got off the couch. I'm feeling really proud right now. 5K in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment