Monday, March 24, 2014

Marathon Training, Day 1

Yes, you read it correctly. Marathon training. The "M" word. Not 3.1 miles, not 6.2...not even 13.1. No, the big one. Twenty-six point freaking two miles.

I'm ready to be a long distance runner. I've wanted this for so long. My race is chosen and it's in November. There is plenty of time to do this. I want to know what it feels like to RUN 20 miles just because I could. It's time to stop letting sloth rule my life. I don't understand why I do when I know how awesome I feel after hitting that pavement. Part of the problem has been sleep, but one of the major obstacles of that has (hopefully) been permanently nixed.

I want to do a marathon. As frightening as the prospect is, I want this checked off my runner's list. Today is the first day on that path.

My journey starts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment