Monday, March 24, 2014

Playing Catch-up: Little Rock Half Marathon (3-2-14)

(Copied from 3/3/14 Facebook post)
 
I had an AMAZING time this weekend in Little Rock with my awesome BGR sisters Shilonqua, Kimberly, Temeka and LaJuana! Half marathon #2 is DONE with an unexpected PR! The weather went from acceptable to chilly to rainy to "What the...is that snow?" to freezing, "I think we may be in the first stages of hypothermia" sleet in a matter of hours. Thank you, Mr. Medic Person for helping me with those awful cramps I got at the finish line, even though I tried to limp away from you to get my medal. Thank you, BGR Little Rock for the pre-race goodie bags and for being such gracious hostesses and thanks to Little Rock Marathon even though it had to shut down early because of Winter Storm Titan. The lipstick table at Mile 12 was a cute idea! Thanks to my SIL for creating what was the best looking tutu at the race. Congrats to all of my wonderful travel companions for finishing strong and congrats to Shilonqua for completing her 10th marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment