Saturday, February 9, 2013

Going for a walk

I went for a walk today, not out of just a casual decision, but as a distance gauge. It's been such a long time since I've been for a walk, that I forgot how pleasant it could be. What was unsettling was that at times I was walking just as fast as my best run times at moments. The walk was easy, no thought. I'm longing for the day when my runs are so smooth and absent of tension. There is a saying that your run doesn't start until you have forgotten that you are running. That organic moment of movement is something that I am eager to obtain.

Another thought that has crossed my mind is that maybe that I'm being too uptight during my runs. There is this constant worry of distribution of energy. Maybe I need to lighten up on the pavement.

Oh well, a six mile walk. I wish I had started earlier so that it could have lasted longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment