Friday, July 13, 2012

"You're a runner."

Today I was telling my sister about how for years I thought about doing a 5K. It was my New Year's resolution for at least five years. And every year, I told myself I would try again next year. This year, not only have I accomplished that resolution, I've shattered it. I've done three 5Ks, two obstacle races (Run for Your Lives and Barbarian Challenge) and two fun runs. Seven races. Seven races in seven months, and I'm training for my first 10K at the moment. In fact, today I got my race t-shirt for my first virtual run. I talked about driving a distance and suddenly realizing that I had run that same distance that morning.

She said, "You're a runner. A real runner."

She talked about how so many judge the physical capabilities of others by their size and how wrong they are. I commented that I'm slow and I run like a penguin. She replies, "But you run, and you run far and you don't stop running. You're a runner."

And I thought, yeah...I guess I am a runner. A real runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment