Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The new "Girls' Night Out"

It turns out that my sister-in-law is interested in running, too. We are planning to do an out-of-town 5K together. I'm hoping we can get a couple of other women to go and stay overnight. The plan made me realize something: the re-branding of Girls' Night Out.

Whenever anyone thinks of Girls' Night Out, it always begins with a bar where women get sloshed and ends with said group performing terrible pedicures on themselves.

But a GNO involving a race? Now there's an idea! I am so excited about the prospect. Instead of getting sloshed, everyone is figuring out how to attach energy chews to the inside of their gear. Debates on the pros and cons of fanny packs the way we would talk about wearing white after Labor Day. Encouraging words and prayers instead of typical gossip. That sounds like Heaven!

I'm on board with this new GNO, and I hope it becomes my new norm!

No comments:

Post a Comment