Saturday, April 7, 2012

5K no. 3, BABY! Talk about a Resurrection Run!

I finished my third 5K, and even though my time was crappy, IT'S DONE!

The entire run, my goal was to not be last. It was such a point for me that I pretended the walkers behind me were zombies, and I would run (or run harder) whenever it looked like they were speed walking too close. And then I thought, who cares if I'm last, as long as I cross the line?

Another thing I've learned: I hate 1 mile markers. I really do. Whenever I see one, my first thought is "Great. I've got to do this crap two more times."

But another thought came to me and it filled me with a sense of pride: For years I've wanted to do a 5K. Just one would have been enough for me. Who would have thought--especially at my current size--I would have done THREE in four months this year! Time to start training for that first 10K! No stopping me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment