Monday, March 12, 2012

Beginner 5K Program - Day 3

I've been really, really bad these past two days.

Two days (possibly three) straight of pure junk food and overeating. Today it reached a crescendo. I was embarrassed by the damage I have done, and in spite of this guilt, I still planned on trying the Doritos taco from Taco Bell right after I was done. To rectify the problem, I decided to alter my exercise plan. The training plan called for a 10 min walk/8 min run/10 min walk. Since I have been just terrible these past few days, I was going to change the run part to 20 minutes, until I decided to make the shorter time about speed.

I ran faster, expecting pain, but it was surprisingly easier to do. And it felt fantastic. It was a harder, faster run, and I felt so cleansed after I was done. I did add a two min run and a one-lap finish to the workout. The run had such an affect on me, that instead of getting that Doritos taco, I bought a bag of apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment