Sunday, May 5, 2013

It shouldn't have been this difficult...

This morning I went out to do the Cinco de Miles virtual 5K. Should have been easy. It was a cool morning, beautiful and sunny. This should have been easy. Aside from a throbbing toe, my body felt fine. My mind, however, was in complete turmoil and that run wasn't getting those demons out. True, my route included the vehicular artery that lead to one of my least favorite places in the world. I've taken this path many times, but this being Sunday meant that there were many people heading in that direction. I struggle as it is with not having the peace of mind while I'm out, but this time it went to another level. I spent the run angry and frustrated, my legs felt heavier with each step. It was a very, very unpleasant run and the problem was all mental. Too many thoughts ruined what should have been a great run.

Going to retreat to my corner now.

No comments:

Post a Comment